Sunday, October 30, 2011

How much is enough?

I have not tried Dick's but I assume it's the in same league as Carl's Junior. I'm not eating McDonald if I am a millionaire.
Speaking at the University of Washington, Mr Gates is reported to have said, “I can understand wanting to have a million dollars - it’s freedom. But once you get beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.” He explained by saying “Dick’s doesn’t raise their prices,”, referring to the Seattle fast-food chain, but added “being ambitious is good.”
I agree that beyond a certain wealth, earning more does not necessarily bring you extra happiness. But the threshold is not a million. 10 Million maybe, if all you need a nice house and some good cars, and send your kids to Ivy Leagues. 100 Million if you really wish to do some serious work on charity.


2 Comments:

Blogger 舞者 said...

I sometimes secretly pray to my God: "if you just give me the means, I would right the many wrongs in this world." Either my God cannot tell if I am sincere, or the wrongs are there in the first place for a reason. Either way is ironic of my God's power and holy plan.

Long story short, 20 million is enough. Because God's number is 20 according to Google.

11/01/2011 11:50 AM  
Blogger steve tan said...

20M is cool, and I can live with that.

If we plot a graph of our income versus our age, we pretty know that it's a pretty flat graph, unless something happens somewhere down the road...

11/01/2011 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home