Sunday, December 31, 2006

Think Week

It was reported that Bill Gates, once every year, spent a week in confinement. I would imagine that he probably locks himself in a 16th century castle built on the bank of Rhines river, with mobile phone on silent mode, door shut, and he expects to see dinners prepared on the table, but not anyone preparing it. Then he settles down, and starts to read hundreds of proposals, or buisness ideas collected from Microsoft employees and he would digest them, go through a very deep thinking process, before coming up with some crucial decision, which would set the tone for the company's direction. Such process is infamously named "Think Week".

For the past few days, I have been staying in Butterworth, where my wife's family lives. I'm faraway from KL, and since their home provides no Astro or Streamyx, it's an excellent opportunity for me to do the Bill's thingy. I spent some time with their family, and by noon, I carried my laptop to the only Star Bucks available in Butterworth. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate, and started to surf the net, to ponder over the next generation architecture for Genting eBusiness, b2c, b2b, crossling, multi-currency, multilingual, fulfillment integration, bla bla bla.

While I'm going through a complex problem of aggregating multiple catalogs from different systems to enble one unified shopping cart, a fortune teller from china sitting right infront of me caught my eyes. He was trying to remove a mole from a middle-aged lady. That lady appeared to be calm. He applied some white creams on her face and asked her to wait. I'm just curious. Isn't this kind of mole removal requiring a surgery? If you can remove a mole in five minutes in some shopping mall, what else can you do? Can you fix my small eyes? Can you replace my kidney by the way?

I didn't wait to see the result of mole removal. I was determined that I cannot let a fortune teller distract my "think week" and I continue to do concentrate on my problem-solving. It's quite difficult to concentrate. A 16-th century castle facing the sea or river definitely helps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizebeth D.L. said...

FYI, you can remove a mole in 5 min, for just RM5. And You don't need a china fortune-teller to do that:)

1/02/2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger 舞者 said...

Why, you don't need to tell him, he's surrounded by beautiful people, he never knew anybody who had a mole~.

Kidding man.

1/02/2007 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home