Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The earth is my home.

I believe that everyone has a right to choose the country of citizenship. And so, when Jet Li decided to be a Singaporean, I think that is neither honorable nor shameful. It is simply his personal choice.

But what troubles me is his reluctance to admit the fact, like a man.

When asked where his home is, he answered that the earth is his home. Yeah right, so if the earth is your home, you could belong to anywhere on earth right? So why go through all the troubles (or spend a lot of money) to change your citizenship from Republic's of china to Singapore? Does it mean Singapore is more earthly than China?

I would have more respect for him if he said "None of your fucking business" or "Yes, Singapore is my home now, and you have a problem with that?"

By the way, I have no shame in admitting that I am ashamed to be holding the passport of the country of my present citizenship. I would very much love to become an American. I would not blink for one second to ditch my current passport, if U.S.A decides to give me a U.S passport.

No, the earth is not my home. I would love my home to be somewhere in Beverly Hills and I want to be neighbor to Paris Hilton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home