Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chagall


Finally watched Notting Hill, a film that I was supposed to watch 10 years ago, when it was first released, in Canada. I still remember clearly it was rated 3 stars in the Hours newspaper, and the review was pretty positive. However, during that age I had a tendency of going for some "heavy" and "dark" movies. Light comedy was not exactly my cup of tea. I hesitated for a while in going to see this movie. Eventually I must have chosen something else that I thought more worthy of my attention and this movie got buried in the back of my mind. It is finally summoned out.
In the movie, Julia Robert gave Hugh Grant an original artwork produced by Marc Chagall. I did not know who the artist was but I promised myself to google it later on.
And it turns out Picasso thought very highly of this guy. Picasso remarked,"When Matisse dies, Chagall will be the only painter left who understands what color really is."
Anyway, I thought this painting is the most thoughtful gift ever produced in any romance movies.

1 Comments:

Blogger 舞者 said...

That's an interesting finding.

10/20/2009 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home